What is a Naturopathic Physician (ND)?
NDs are trained primary care practitioners who can treat most general health concerns, but emphasize individualized medicine combining both advanced natural and conventional therapies. NDs practice with a unique philosophy to address physical, environment, lifestyle, and emotional aspects of health in an effort to uncover the root cause of illness. For more information please visit the national and provincial associations for naturopathic physicians in Canada:
What can a Naturopathic Physician do for you?
NDs treat all forms of health concerns. Many prospective patients seek naturopathic care for the following reasons:
- Persons looking for preventative medicine
- Persons looking for alternative treatment methods
- Persons suffering chronic illness that conventional medicine has not been able to effectively support or resolve
- Persons wanting expert advice on combing conventional and natural therapies
- Persons desiring a medical relationship with a practitioner who spends the time to know them and fully listen to their concerns.
- Persons exploring private laboratory testing
Do I need a referral to see Dr. Parmar?
You do not need a referral to book an appointment with Dr. Parmar. However, he firmly believes in collaborative care approach so if you are under the care of another healthcare practitioner (DC, RMT, MD, TCM, RAc, DO, PT) he is more than committed to working together for your betterment. Dr. Parmar is happy to refer to a team of incredible healthcare practitioners he works with including Chiropractors, Registered Massage Therapists and Registered Acupuncturists.
What is a typical visit?
An initial consultation involves a thorough one-hour medical history review and evaluation of your health goals. Follow-up appointments are generally 30 minutes.
Are the costs of my visits covered by MSP?
Currently, MSP only covers visits for persons with premium assistance. If you have extended health insurance please check with your provider for coverage details for both visits and laboratory testing.